Yekaterinburg to spend $5.35 billion on 2018 World Cup
The figure represents funds that will come from the federal and regional budgets, as well as from private investors, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Sverdlovsk Region authorities presented the sum at a meeting this week about staging World Cup 2018 matches in the city.
The most costly components of the event are the building of the sports and transportation infrastructure, at a cost of $410,000 and $4.08 billion, respectively. Additionally, security will cost $360,000, while medical expenses will cost approximately $130 million. Urban development and improvements will cost $210,000, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants