Yekaterinburg commended for successful increase in kindergarten network
Eugene talked with MPs about last year's implementation of the long-term target program for the development of a network of preschool educational institutes in the municipality of Yekaterinburg for 2012 through 2014, Ekburg.ru reports.
Eugene said that the 2012 plan to increase the network of preschools was met in full. Last year, 21 municipal day care centers were opened, creating 2,825 additional places for children aged two to seven years.
The program was carried out through the construction of new kindergartens and the reuse of previously unused buildings within the municipal preschool network. Additional groups were also opened in existing preschools, controlling the maximum number within each group.
The network has markedly increased the number of kindergartens in the municipality in comparison to 2004. There has also been an increase in the number of children aged three to seven attending schools, according to Ekburg.ru.
The city administration also helped in the development of non-state preschools. There are currently 28 departmental and private nurseries licensed to conduct education activities. Schools located in municipal buildings were given a rent rebate of 80 percent in order to help reduce payment for child support. Also, for the first time in 2012, managers of private nursery schools were given free training courses paid for by the Yekaterinburg budget.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants