Nizhny Novgorod plans new World Cup stadium
Event organizers have chosen an area in the city known as "the Arrow" to build the new stadium. Situated in the center of Nizhny Novgorod, the area is already a well-known and picturesque location within the city. Its nickname refers to the confluence of two rivers forming a sharp point in the land, according to Pravda.ru.
FIFA officials have declared the city's proposed stadium site as "excellent" given its close proximity to rail and river transportation hubs.
The Arrow stadium will be located 2.5 miles from Nizhny Novgorod's Main Square, which will serve as a congregation area for fans during the 2018 World Cup.
Architects contracted to construct the 45,000-person arena are confident that the Arrow site will accommodate the plans they've drawn for the stadium, Pravda.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants