Yekaterinburg new car sales up 14 percent
While the 2012 car sales total reflects a 14 percent increase over the previous year, December new car sales were down three percent from 2011, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Russian car manufacturer AvtoVAZ's Lada remains the best-selling car in Yekaterinburg despite its sales decreasing by 56 units in 2012 from the year before. The Lada's share of new car sales in Yekaterinburg dropped to 15 percent in 2012 from 17 percent in 2011. In 2010, the Lada held a 21 percent market share of new car sales in the city.
While Toyota was the best-selling foreign carmaker in Yekaterinburg for the first few months of 2012, it was eventually outsold by Chevrolet. Chevrolet has been the city's highest-selling foreign car since 2011. Kia outsold Hyundai as 2012's third most popular foreign manufacturer. Meanwhile, Daewoo was missing from the top 10 cars of 2012 altogether after the automaker's 2011 sales earned it a spot in Yekaterinburg's top five, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants