Approximately 10,000 attend Yekaterinburg's New Year's eve festivities
The city hosted a celebration with fireworks and an ice pavilion. The "ice town" was built on the site of the 1905 New Year's Eve celebration. This year's celebration incorporated themes from classic Bazhov fairy tales, as well as themes of "global mind" through the lens of the EXPO 2020, which the city will host, Ekburg.ru reports.
At five minutes before midnight, the townspeople were able to hear a congratulatory speech by Russian President Vladimir Putin. At midnight, fireworks erupted over the city to celebrate the New Year.
Visitors were able to take photos in the ice pavilion and in front of an ice sculpture of the EXPO 2020 logo. LED lights illuminated the complex, giving the town a special festive mood, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants