Drunk driver kills two, injures two in Chelyabinsk
The accident occurred on Thursday at the Rodnik bus terminal. The car skidded on the walkway, killing two women. Another woman suffered a fractured ankle and another suffered multiple wounds, including an open shoulder blade fracture, a collarbone fracture, two open hip fractures and a head injury. She was hospitalized in heavy condition, Itar-Tass reports.
A medical examination revealed the driver of the Ford Focus to be drunk.
"He did not have a driving license with him, as he left it at home. He was brought twice to administrative responsibility for not giving the free passage to the pedestrians. His driving experience makes only one year," Alexei Gorshkov, the regional road police department's press officer, said, Itar-Tass reports.
The driver said that he fell asleep at the wheel, woke up after the road accident and does not remember anything.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants