Yekaterinburg sets aside 550 hectares for EXPO 2020
The 555 hectare allotment will be in Vikulov St-Metallurgi St.-Third Ring-Road-Verkh-Isetsky Pond. The site will serve for the good of the city following the conclusion of EXPO 2020, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The current plan will use the northern part of Tatishchev St. up through the shore of Verkh-Isetsky Pond as an entertainment area with shopping malls, hotels and cafes. The large EXPO arena will be replaced by a grand leisure center modeled after Disneyland. It will feature a zoo and some sports facilities, according to Ural Business Consulting.
EXPO 2020 will be the first time the World Expo has been held in Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants