Yekaterinburg hosts International Foundry Conference
Topics discussed at Foundry Council 6 included the industry's development potential, quality control, equipment upgrades, advanced coating, thermal treatment and mechanical technologies, Ural Business Consulting reports.
This year's festival drew more than 200 industry experts from across Russia, Ukraine, Byelorussia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy and Germany.
At the council's opening ceremony, Alexander Petro, the vice premier of the Sverdlovsk regional government, emphasized the importance of foundry production in the region. In his statement, he said the industry was in need of further development and that the regional government had created a support program for steel producers that will run through 2020.
Petro added that the Sverdlovsk region is home to the majority of Russia's steel production, accounting for 20 percent of all foundry activities in the country, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants