Fourth suspect arrested in Chelyabinsk region fraud case
Voloshin is charged with grand fraud by an organized group and is currently being held in custody for two months. Voloshin joins Teslenko, as well as fellow conspirators Ivan Sorokun and Shukhovtsev, in standing trial for grand fraud charges, Itar-Tass reports.
Investigators allege that Teslenko, Voloshin, Sorokun and Shukhovtsev received kickbacks totaling approximately $32,000 when facilitating a state medical contract. Teslenko, Sorokun and Shukhovtsev were apprehended by police when they were caught withdrawing funds from the region's budget.
A police search of Teslenko's home uncovered 21 million roubles, $30,000, €4,000 and 1,200 yuan. Investigators also confiscated Teslenko's collectable gold and platinum coins and jewelry, according to Itar-Tass.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants