Sverdlovsk region to keep stake in Koltsovo airport
Earlier in 2012, the Sverdlovsk regional government planned to sell its stake in the airport valued at more than $68 million, according to RusBizNews.com.
The government has since decided to maintain its stake in Koltsovo in order to attract additional investment. Additionally, the Sverdlovsk regional government wants to maintain partial control of the airport should Yekaterinburg be selected to host the 2020 World Expo to help deal with the increased traffic.
Located in Yekaterinburg, Koltsovo is Russia's fifth-largest airport in regard to passenger traffic. The airport served more than 3.4 million travelers in 2011. Renova Group's Koltsovo-Invest is the airport's majority shareholder with a 50.19 percent stake RusBizNews.com reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants