Yekaterinburg car sales rise over last year
Approximately 81,424 new cars were sold in the city, with 8,135 sold in the month of October alone, a seven percent increase over the same month a year earlier, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The best selling make of car in Yekaterinburg is the Lada, with sales rising by 17 percent in September. Sales of the Lada have not increased in October or overall, though, on the previous year.
Chevrolet has been the top selling foreign car for three months in a row, outselling Toyota, Ural Business Consulting reports.
For the month of October, Kia was the third most popular car. For the 10 months of 2012, Kia was among the top 15 best-selling brands. The brand may end up outstripping Hyundai to make it into the top five before the end of the year. Hyundai sales, however, have gone down due to impressive reserves of the Solaris make, which entered the market in 2011.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants