Dvorkovich expects Yekaterinburg to host Expo 2020
Russia submitted an application to appoint Yekaterinburg as the host city for Expo 2020 in October. Other candidate cities include Dubai, UAE; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Ayutthaya, Thailand; and Izmir, Turkey, Prime reports.
The general assembly of the Bureau International des Expositions will vote on where to hold the exhibition in late 2013.
"At the moment, we are working on one of the decisive presentations for the BIE Paris bureau," Dvorkovich said, according to Prime. "At this stage, we want to be ready with answers to all the questions that are the most essential and critical ones for the decision-makers."
The theme of the Yekaterinburg bid is Global Mind and it centers on an attempt to engage the world in a dialogue about a shared future and the advancement of Russian society.
"In line with other major events set to take place in Russia throughout the coming years, such as the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, the Paralympic Winter Games, the 2018 FIFA World Cup and, the Kazan Universiade, Yekaterinburg Expo 2020 would showcase the impressive transformation that is taking place far beyond the Ural Mountains to reach across Russia," the application said.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants