Former Yekaterinburg prosecutor killed while hunting
Levin's hunting partner accidentally shot Levin in the head as the group of men were hunting. Levin later died from his wounds, Pravda.ru reports.
The 54-year-old businessman who took the shot was not named in the report. A criminal case was filed against the shooter, who is accused of committing an offense under Part 1 of Article 109 of the Criminal Code. The charge of causing death by negligence could lead to a maximum penalty of two years in prison.
Yevgeny Porunov, the mayor of Yekaterinburg, and Alexander Yakob, the Yekaterinburg city manager, expressed their condolences to the friends and family of the deceased, according to News Agency API.
A similar incident occurred on October 16 when a man shot his hunting partner during a boar hunting trip. A 42-year-old resident of the Sharinsky resident in the Kostroma region heard a noise in the bushes that sounded similar to a wild boar. He fired the shot in hopes of killing the animal, but h accidentally shot his friend instead. The victim of the shooting was killed immediately, Pravda.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants