Huge pizza served to honor cooks
The 32-foot-long pizza was prepared by several different cooks who were required to knead the dough and prepare the delicacy over the course of a few hours. While there were many recipes the cooks could have chosen for the popular pie, they decided to cook a margherita pizza, Interfax reports.
The celebrated chefs chose to distinguish their pizza by not making it round, as is common among professional cooks. The pizza was made into a rectangular shape, which is common when the world-renowned dish is homemade.
The regional market announced the celebration of the cooks with a press release and an invitation for locals to join in the festivities.
"(This) huge pizza (should) become a symbol of professional achievement of the culinary community of Yekaterinburg and delicious treats for the guests of the market," the regional market said, according to Interfax.
The pizza was placed on display for visitors to the regional market and all were invited for a party to celebrate the cooks on hand, Interfax reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants