Yekaterinburg among four Russian cities hit by influenza epidemic
The Department of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision of the Ministry of Health also included Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Kaliningrad and Khabarovsk in the cities currently dealing with epidemic levels of influenza, Drimash.Iobloggo.com reports.
Yekaterinburg's number of influenza cases exceeded the epidemic threshold by 2.5 times, registering 4,075 cases of influenza and acute respiratory diseases this flu season. Of the cases, 2,438 of them were children aged 14 and below.
In Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, the number of flu cases exceeded the epidemic threshold by 4.8 times among children two years of age and below and by 1.4 times among children from three to six years of age. The number of flu cases in Kaliningrad was two times above epidemic level. Khabarovsk experienced 1.9 times the epidemic level of influenza with 1,932 cases. Children aged 14 and below made up 1,145 of the cases, according to Drimash.Iobloggo.com.
St. Petersburg and Moscow are not yet experiencing epidemic levels of influenza. St. Petersburg registered 5,325 cases of influenza while Moscow registered 21,244 cases. In Moscow, 10,116 cases were children aged 14 and below. In St. Petersburg, 3,287 cases were found in children ages 14 and under.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants