Criminal case opened following gas explosion
"The case was opened over "causing death by negligence" and "destruction of or damage to other property by negligence," Alexander Shulga, the senior aide to the director of the regional SK department, said, Itar-Tass reports.
The explosion occurred as gas service personnel were repairing a leak on the second floor of a nine story apartment building on October 15. A tenant had called the gas company after smelling gas in his apartment.
The gas service employee died in the blast. Three others were hospitalized with poisoning from combustion products and complex injuries. Two are in medium condition and one in serious condition, while four were given emergency care and then released, Itar-Tass reports.
Investigators are looking into carelessness and attempted suicide as possible circumstances behind the explosion.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants