Mushroom picker finds grenades in Sverdlovsk forest
Police said that the grenades were found in a plastic bag near the village of Gorbunovo, Balita reports.
Police said the man "carefully hid them so no one, particularly children, could find them, and brought the arsenal to the police station the next day," according to Balita.
The region has a "cash for weapons" program in which law enforcement pays rewards for weapons turned into the police, according to Valery Gorelykh, a regional police spokesman.
"We are trying to find out now whose illegal stash this was and where these things came from," Gorelykh said, Balita reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants