Koltsovo Airport named one of world's best terminals
The airport was also named the best in the CIS.
Brussels airport, meanwhile, was named the overall winner and best in Europe, while Nairobi airport was best in Africa. In the U.S. and Asia, top honors went to Dallas International and Singapore's airport, respectively, the Voice of Russia reports.
The World Routes Awards were established in 1995, with air carriers assessing the quality of an airport's on-ground services before choosing winners.
For the first time this year, the awards included a special award for "Airports Under Four Million Passengers." They also presented a tourism award for best destination marketing campaign by a tourism authority and the ORBIS award for social responsibility, according to Voice of Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants