Yeltsin monument will be restored
The team will determine how to restore the monument to its original appearance. Vandals doused the statue with blue paint on August 24 and caused damage to the monument's lettering, Vesti.ru reports.
"Letters to the monument (have been) built and will be installed soon. (We have) optimistic forecasts (about being able to fix it)," Vadim Naumenko, the deputy executive director of the BN Yeltsin Presidential Center, said, according to Vesti.ru.
Officials said that the 10 meter tall obelisk of white marble will be difficult to clean.
The monument to Boris Yeltsin opened on February 1, 2011, on what would have been the late president's 80th birthday.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants