Yekaterinburg declines to purchase escalator equipment from St. Petersburg company
The St. Petersburg plant holds a virtual monopoly on metro escalator production and installation, leading to difficulties in supply for stations in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Kazan and Yekaterinburg. The Chkalov station was postponed for more than six months due to the company's delay in escalator equipment production, Mir66 reports.
With preparations for the construction of a second line in Yekaterinburg under way, municipal authorities are considering other options so as to not experience another delay as they did with the Chkalov station. The authorities are looking at foreign markets for such equipment.
Schwindt expressed concern at such an important branch of industry being monopolized, saying it compromises the country's market economy. He said that all underground construction sites are dependent on ELES and added that proposals from other companies will destroy the existing monopoly, Mir66 reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants