City Without Drugs center to remain open
Borodin expressed surprise at accusations that police have been storming and seizing the center, which has been under scrutiny after a criminal case was opened following the death of a woman who was undergoing a rehabilitation course there.
Criminal charges of "manslaughter caused by improper performance by an official of his professional duties" were brought after a 29-year-old woman from Nizhny Tagil died in a hospital in Berezovsky. She was taken to the hospital directly from the City Without Drugs center, Itar-Tass reports.
A commission consisting of police officers, prosecutors, medics and others visited the center, according to Borodin.
"I personally think well of the foundation's Director Yevgeny Roizman," Borodin said, Itar-Tass reports.
Two people turned to police for help in June, saying that they were humiliated and physically abused by center personnel on a daily basis. Around the same time, police received information that the management of the foundation was hastily closing down the center, turning patients out with no place to go. Police and regional prosecutors helped the patients get to the city from the foundation's center in the village of Sarapulka on the Beloyarsk water Reservoir.
Roizman said that several criminal cases are underway on charges of abduction and physical assault. Police searched the foundations offices on July 1 and four young women were deemed to be the injured parties in the cases, according to the Interior Ministry press service.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants