Sverdlovsk to construct new generating unit at Beloyarska nuclear power plant
First Vice Premier Vladimir Vlasov expects that the construction will make a crucial contribution to the region's stable socioeconomic development, a spokesperson for the Governor reports, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Additionally, the construction of the power unit will also secure Russia's technological leadership in the field of closed nuclear fuel cycle development, according to Nikolai Smirnov, the region's acting Energy & Communal Housing Services Minister.
The facility will be able to produce nine billion kilowatts per hour of cheap electric power a year in the Sverdlovsk region while reducing the pollution, including millions of tons of carbon dioxide, that results from fossil fuel combustion discharge. The region currently relies solely on the import of fossil fuel, including coal from Ekibastuz, according to a message from the government, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The reactor's design will be completed by 2013, with manufacturing of the machinery beginning in 2014. Construction is expected to start in 2015.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants