Yekaterinburg struck by powerful dust storm
The storm caused dozens of cars to be buried under rubble and traffic was at a standstill on the major roads. Multiple flights were delayed at Koltsovo Airport, including flights from Moscow, Vesti reports.
After causing havoc for less than half an hour, the storm came to an abrupt halt. One construction worker was killed during the quick but damaging storm. City authorities are cleaning up the damage from the surprising weather event.
Insurance companies in Yekaterinburg began to accept applications for compensation on Friday for motorists who suffered vehicle damage during the storm. Many policies that cover mechanical damage to roofs, stacks and hoods will pay out approximately $1,579 in compensation. When car owners provide all necessary documents, the payments will be issued, New Region reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants