Ankara State Opera and Ballet to perform in Yekaterinburg
The Turkish troupe will put on the performance on May 23 and May 25 as part of the 10th anniversary of the Yekaterinburg Academic Opera and Ballet Theaters. The Ankara State Opera and Ballet recently performed the Mozart opera in both South Korea and Estonia. The Yekaterinburg performance will be conducted by Tolga Tavis, HurriyetDailyNews.com reports.
The opera follows the story of the hero Belmonte and his servant Pedrillo, who attempt to rescue the beloved Konstanze from a harem owned by antagonist Pasha Selim. In writing the opera, Mozart was heavily influenced by the culture of the Ottoman Empire.
"He was inspired by the Ottomans but he had never met an Ottoman. He composed the opera thanks to what he had heard from people and paintings depicting the Ottomans," Ankara State Opera and Ballet director Erdogan Davran said, according to HurriyetDailyNews.com.
"The Abduction from Seraglio," better known by the original German title, "Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail," was written by Mozart in 1781 in the city of Vienna.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants