Abrosimova leaves UMMC Yekaterinburg
The 31-year-old veteran came off the bench for UMMC last season and averaged 3.4 points, 2.2 rebounds and two assists per game in the Russian Premiere League and 3.2 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game in EuroLeague Women. Abrosimova was not invited to Russian NT camp this summer, LoveWomensBasketball.com reports.
Abrosimova, originally from St. Petersburg, played with St. Petersburg's Force Majeure from 1995 to 1997 until attending the University of Connecticut from 1997 to 2001. She played in the WNBA in the United States for the Minnesota Lynx for six years and later played a year each for the Connecticut Sun and the Seattle Storm. During that time, she also played for Gambrinus in Brno, Czech Republic, Familia in Schio, Italy, Spartak in the Moscow region and VBM-Samara State Aerospace University. She first played for UMMC Yekaterinburg from 2003 to 2004 before re-joining the club in 2007.
She has been part of multiple championship teams, including winning a bronze medal with Russia in 2008, being part of the 2010 Seattle Storm WNBA championship team and winning the silver as part of three Russian Cup teams in 2004, 2008 and 2012, according to LoveWomensBasketball.com.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants