FNL Yekaterinburg fails to qualify for Premier League
The 1-1 draw knocked FNL Yekaterinburg out of the running for the top four teams that will advance to the so-called high society of football. The match was held at the Uralmash stadium because the Central Stadium is currently being prepared for the Cup of Russia on May 9, OblGazeta.ru reports.
The match was scoreless until the middle of the second half when Siberia's Maxim Astafiev put the ball past Ural's goaltender. With four minutes left in the match, Ural's Edgar Manucharyan tied things up. The tie gave fans little consolation as a win was required to keep the team's chances of advancing alive. The crowd chanted for team president Grigory Ivanov to retire for not getting the team to first or second place.
The team standings place Ural sixth with 76 points behind Mordovia with 97 points, Nizhny Novgorod and Alania with 93 and Shinnik and Dynamo with 85. Below Ural in the standings are Siberia with 72 and Torpedo with 64, according to OblGazeta.ru.
Ural will next play an away game on Tuesday versus Nizhny Novgorod.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants