WWII vets honored
The event was hosted by American Consulate General Mike Reinert and the Suvorov Military School, where veterans were invited to give advice to the next generation of aspiring military officers. The veterans of the Great Patriotic War talked about their experiences in both the European and Asian theaters of war, providing words of wisdom for the cadets and faculty of the Suvorov Military School.
Over the course of the event, the World War II veterans acknowledged that they will always view the U.S. in a positive light as a result of the wartime partnership, and the consulate presented to each participant a copy of Tom Brokaw's book "The Greatest Generation," which outlines the generation of American men and women whose lives paralleled the stories of the Russian World War II veterans.
This year's Victory Day celebrations will honor the 67th anniversary of Russia's victory in World War II.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants