American choir visits Yekaterinburg
The International Festival of Academic Choirs is hosted annually at the Urals Federal University as part of the larger art forum Vesna UPI. The opening ceremony for this year's international festival was attended by Consul General Mike Reinert of the American consulate in Yekaterinburg, who introduced director by David O. Castonguay and the Radford University Choir.
Over the course of the festival, the Radford University Choir Madrigal Singers competed against 24 other singing groups, mostly from Western Siberia and the Urals region. The Madrigal Singers performed mostly a cappella and chamber music.
Radford University Choir students have traveled to Yekaterinburg every year for the past five years as a cultural exchange effort to build ties between Russian and American students. When not competing, the American students performed at other local venues and spent time getting to know the city and people of Yekaterinburg.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants