Pedophile beaten to death
The Urals Investigative Committee announced on Wednesday that four individuals had been arrested in the Town of Kushva in Russia's Sverdlovsk region. The nine-year-old's mother, two other women and a man were arrested following the beating death of the man, UPI reports.
According to Russian News Agency Ria Novosti, the assault occurred at a drinking party in a private residence. At the event, the nine-year-old girl pointed out one of the male guests to her mother and said that he had sexually abused her. The other guests then began beating the accused man, who is suspected to have died as a result of a fatal head injury administered by the girl's mother.
The four suspects in the man's death will each face 15 years in prison if they are convicted.
Vigilante justice is common in Russia, especially in the case of sexual abuse of children. In January, police in the Amur region had to rescue a suspected pedophile from a group of about 300 angry residents who descended upon the man's home threatening to hang him.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants