Sverdlovsk soccer championship to run on shorter schedule
The championship matches will now run on the "Autumn Spring" system, OblGazeta.ru reports.
Games for all the 13 soccer teams in the region - Yekaterinburg, Ural-D, Miner-Eurasia, Fores, Dinur, Metallurg, Change, dir, Uralasbest, Cedar, Seversky Trubnik, Uralets-N.T. and Titan - kicked off on Sunday, with the tournament scheduled to end on July 21.
The first match of the tournament took place between the Yekaterinburg and Dinur teams, with Yekaterinburg pulling off a 1-0 victory, according to OblGazeta.ru.
Yekaterinburg midfielder Anton Yurpalov scored the match's only goal in the 28th minute, though Dinur did have the opportunity to tie the match up with a penalty shot on goal at the 89th minute.
Yekaterinburg goalie Evgeni Timokhin, however, was able to deflect the shot by Dinur's Alexei Kiselyov, according to OblGazeta.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants