Two police officers arrested for beating suspects
The incident is yet another in a string of reports of police brutality throughout Russia, RFERL.org reports.
Police officers are being of torturing suspects with electric shocks and nearly suffocating them with gas masks.
Russia's Federal Investigative Committee is also investigating an incident that took place on April 25 in Siberia, where police are accused of torture.
In the town of Mogocha in the Mogochinsky District of Zabaykalsky Krai, four current and one former police officer are accused of extracting confessions from suspects through torture over the last three years.
Claims of police brutality have been on the rise throughout the country after a police scandal in the city of Kazan, where a man died after being beaten and raped with a champagne bottle while in police custody, according to RFERL.org.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants