UMMC Yekaterinburg releases Shay Doron
Doron had been with UMMC for approximately three months, and was signed to replace Anete Jekabsone-Zogota, who tore her ACL in January, according to LoveWomensBasketball.
Over her three months with the team, the Israeli guard was often forced to the sidelines during Russian league games. Doron only played in three official league games, averaging six points and three assists.
In the Euro League, Doron stepped onto the court for UMMC a total of three times, averaging 1.3 points and 1.7 rebounds per game. She is best remembered for accidentally breaking Sue Bird's nose during a pre-game warm-up drill in March, LoveWomensBasketball reports.
Doron was born in 1985 in Ramat Hasharon, Israel, where she grew up playing basketball. She moved to New York in high school, and attended college at the University of Maryland, playing in four straight NCAA tournaments. In 2006, Doron was named to the U.S. National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame after playing for Israel's national team and the WNBA's New York Liberty.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants