Uralochka-NTMK Yekaterinburg struggling at the Russian volleyball championships
Because Uralochka had previously lost 10 days earlier in Nizhny Tagil, the team is out of contention for the gold medal and can win a bronze medal at best. Uralochka will play the winner of Dynamo Kazan and Omicka Omsk for the bronze. Dynamo Kazan currently leads the series 1-0 and will conclude the series on Wednesday if a third series is needed, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
The final gold medal series and bronze medal series will begin on April 8.
According to The Sports, Uralochka finished the Women's Super League in second place. The team was the league's best away from home and its second best when playing in Yekaterinburg. Uralochka and Dynamo Moscow split the season series, with Uralochka winning 3-0 in December and Moscow evening up the score in February by a score of 3-2.
Uralochka hopes to turn around its previous bad luck against its potential opponents in the bronze metal game. Uralochka couldn't win a series against either of the two teams during the season. Uralochka lost to Omsk 3-2 in January and by the same score in March. The team fell to Dynamo Kazan 3-2 in January and 3-0 in February, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants