Yekaterinburg hosting the junior hockey championship finals
The teams that are taking part in the finals include HC Motorist, Novokuznetsk Metallurg, Cherepovets Severstal and Tolyatti Harmony, E1.ru reports.
The first match for Motorist was on March 25 against rivals Metallurgist. On Monday, Metallurg and Harmony will play at 2 p.m. and Motorist will play Severstal at 5 p.m..
The final day of competition on March 27 will see Metallurg facing off against Severstal at noon and Harmony taking on Motorist at 3 p.m.. Admission to all matches is free, according to E1.ru.
HC Motorist won the regional tournament in the area of Ural Western Siberia, took fourth place in the junior championship in 2009 and placed fifth in 2010.
Ice hockey is one of the most popular winter sports in Russia. The first hockey games were played in the former Soviet Union in the 1930s. The first Soviet ice hockey championships league started in 1946-47.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants