UMMC Yekaterinburg reaches table tennis tournament final
The village of Upper Pyshma Balts held the second semi-final match of the table tennis Champions League European Cup on Saturday. UMMC Yekaterinburg beat Germany's Saarbruecken 3-0 for the first time in the team's history, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
UMMC's Hou Yingchao defeated Joao Monteiro and Alexander Shibaev defeated the Bojan Tokichem. UMMC also took the third set. The critical moment came in the fourth match, where UMMC won four points in a row after being down and eventually won the game. UMMC the won the fifth and final set.
UMMC's victory against Germany was almost identical to its win against the French. As a result, the European Champions League finale this season will turn out to be a purely Russian affair.
UMMC will compete for the club championship against Gazprom Torch of Orenburg, which will take place from May 4 through May 7 in Orenburg, and from May 18 through May 21 in Upper Pyshma, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants