Yekaterinburg to hold World War II commemorative parade on May 9
Those coordinating the event met and discussed the parade at the city's Central Military District headquarters. During the parade, more than 2,000 troops and a hundred pieces of weapons and special equipment will be on display, Kp.ru reports.
The planning began on Monday and garrison training will start April 10. Nightly rehearsals for the event will occur in Yekaterinburg's central square. The event will include military groups such as the Ural Regional Command of Internal Troops of the Russian Interior Ministry, the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, and the staff of the regional offices of the Federal Penitentiary Service. The units will march in formation and will demonstrate the military's arsenal.
Major officials featured at the parade will include Major-General Sergei Istrakov, District Commander Colonel-General Vladimir Chirkin and Major General Edward Cherkasov. The parade will also feature chief staff officers of the chemical, biological and radiological defense unit, KP.ru reports.
The parade, which will occur in the Square of 1905 Revolution, will celebrate the 67th victory of the defeat of Nazi Germany, which is also known as Victory Day.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants