UMMC Yekaterinburg advances to Russian Cup finals
UMMC Yekaterinburg won the game by a score of 85 to 50, E1.ru reports.
Algirdas Paulauskas, the head coach of UMMC, said that the team struggled in February with the absence of two key players, Maria Stepanova and Olga Arteshina, but the team was able to get through those games and come back and play well enough to reach the finals.
"I'm happy for the girls that they are well tuned and won on the eve of March 8," Paulauskas said, according to E1.ru.
Maria Stepanova, the captain of the UMMC team, said that Dynamo Kursk was difficult to play despite not having their leaders on the court.
Prizes for the best basketball players were given to Candace Parker of UMMC and Natalia Vodopyanova of Dynamo Kursk. Boris Sokolov, the head coach of the women's national team of Russia, and Oxana Rakhmatulina, the general manager of the women's national team of Russia, presented the prizes.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants