Sverdlovsk district lawmaker attacked by man wielding an ax
The lawmaker is being treated for injuries related to an ax attack by a drunken retiree unhappy with growing utility tariffs,, EN.RIAN.ru reports.
The attack happened in the afternoon at the office of a construction company in the town of Kirovograd, where the lawmaker worked as the deputy director.
The man, in his 60s, voiced his outrage over the high price he has to pay for central heating at his house. He then pulled out an ax hidden underneath his coat and attacked the woman, according to EN.RIAN.ru.
The lawmakers attempted to protect her head with her arms. She was admitted to the hospital with injuries to her arms and her head. The police are currently detaining the man.
"It was Wednesday morning when he finally sobered up," a local police spokesman said, according to EN.RIAN.ru. "He could not say anything clear about his actions and demanded [we] provide him with a lawyer."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants