Expo 2020 Yekaterinburg committee launches digital promotion platform
The group is utilizing a website and various social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Picasa and YouTube to push a unified communications platform that will reveal the idea of the topic of a "Global Mind," MIR96.ru reports.
The website contains detailed information on the contents of Yekaterinburg's application. Visitors will be able to learn about the history of World Expo and the International Exhibitions Bureau.
Yekaterinburg is competing to be the international host to "EXPO 2020" against other cities that include Ayutthaya, Thailand, Dubai, UAE, Izmir, Turkey and Sao Paulo, Brazil, according to MIR96.ru.
The winning city will be named by the Bureau International des Expositions General Assembly in late 2013. BIE is the intergovernmental organization in charge of overseeing the calendar, the bidding, the selection and the organization of World and International Expos.
"EXPO 2020" will be held from May 1, 2020, through Oct. 31, 2020. City officials expect 20 million visitors from around the world, and up to 100,000 to 200,000 people a day.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants