Yekaterinburg Opera and Ballet to receive government grant
The Yekaterinburg Opera and Ballet Theater is among the recipients of the funding, which will take place from 2012 through 2014, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
The government decree was issued on Feb.22, and the Bank of Federal Regulations and Administrative Acts listed the total amount of state support at $33.7 million a year. The Yekaterinburg Opera and Ballet Theater will receive more than $4.7 million, one of the largest sums being handed out.
The same amount of funds are being allocated to support the Mikhailovsky Theatre in St. Petersburg, while the largest grant has been awarded to the Novosibirsk State Academic Opera and Ballet, which will receive close to $5.6 million, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
Other organizations receiving money will be the Moscow Chamber Music Theatre Pokrovsky and Academic Ballet Theatre of Boris Eifman, which will receive $2.04 million, the Rostov State Musical Theatre, which will receive more than $4.09 million, and the Saratov Academic Opera and Ballet, which will receive about $3.07 million.
Additionally, the state will provide financial support for the Yurlova Russia choir in Moscow, the Sveshnikov choir in Moscow, the chamber ensemble Moscow Soloists, the chamber orchestra Moscow Virtuosos, the Russian State Academic Chamber Vivaldi-orchestra, the Oleg Lundstrem state chamber jazz orchestra and other leading creative teams, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants