Uralelectromed opening new electrolysis plant in Yekaterinburg
The plant has plans to produce up to 150,000 metric tons of copper cathode annually, FCINFO.ru reports.
The new plant ranks among the largest industrial investment projects in the Middle Urals, with total investment costs exceeding $151.05 million.
The opening ceremony for the new plant will be attended by Yevgeny Kuivashev, the presidential envoy to the Ural Federal District, Sverdlovsk Region Governor Alexander Misharin and UMMC Director General Andrei Kozitsyn.
The Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company is a Russian metallurgical company that is the second largest copper producer in Russia. It unites mining, metallurgical and metalworking industry operations located in Russia into one technological chain.
The holding company was formed around Oralelektromed in 1999, and the president of the company is Uzbek billionaire Iskander Makhmudov.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants