Defender of the Fatherland feast race held in Yekaterinburg
The event was attended by more than 50 people, including participants, amateur teams, athletes and volunteers. The event was sponsored by the Russians for Healthy Living organization, Mir96.ru reports.
The event was also supported by regional public organizations Robust Rasseya and Russian Jogging, municipal budget institution Sportservis and the Office of Physical Culture.
The racers sported hats, jackets and gloves during a cold winter's day at the race, which ended at the Tatishchev monument and included guest of honor Yuri Prilukov, a six-time world champion in swimming. Prilukov congratulated all of the participants at the finish of the race and all participants received awards and prizes. The event also included a professional fitness instructor who led the participants in stretching and calisthenics.
The organizers hope that public sports activities like these can lead by example in conveying a message that healthy living should be the norm for everyone today in Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants