Unemployment drops to 1.61 percent in the Sverdlovsk region
Dmitry Antonov made the statement at a cabinet meeting on Monday and attributed the drop to the active implementation of departmental target programs to promote employment. The programs were said to obtain jobs for more than 5,000 people, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
Meanwhile, 12 of the 94 municipalities in Russia have experienced gains in unemployment. The municipalities, which include the Baykalovskom metro area, have unemployment rates that ranges from 4.5 to nine percent. Prime Minister Anatoly Green demanded that the Department of Employment Services assist in this problem and said that services must be organized particularly for more remote areas.
Alexei Kiselyov, the deputy chairman of the Federation of Trade Unions of the Sverdlovsk region, said that the consequences of the economic crisis on the Sverdlovsk region were eliminated. The unemployment rate had reached as high as four percent since 2009. He said that problems such as aluminum price production costs have been drastically changed for the better, according to Oblgazeta.ru.
In addition, Kiselyov said that at plants where employees are underpaid, such as the JSC Rezhnikel, the Ministry of Industry will find new owners or investors who can more effectively pay employees and run a successful company.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants