Twelve-year-old boy killed by goalposts at Uralmash Stadium
The boy, Anton Davletgareev, was playing soccer with his friends when the goalposts fell and hit him in the head, English.Pravda.ru reports.
Davletgareev, a goalkeeper, was unable to get out of the way as the goalposts began to fall.
Forensics experts said that Davletgareev suffered severe cranial injuries that caused bleeding from the mouth and nose.
Davletgareev died as he was being transported to the hospital in an ambulance, according to English.Pravda.ru.
Investigators are trying to determine what led to the goalposts collapsing, as well as who was in charge of security at the stadium at the time of the incident.
The Uralmash Stadium is the property of regional authorities, though the goalposts are the property of the Ministry for Physical Culture and Sports, according to English.Pravda.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants