Yekaterinburg purchases road repair equipment
The departments plan to repair roadways with the onset of warmer temperatures. The special vehicles use a speedy jet-injection method that can repair small sections of the road network in the city in record time. This will allow the machines to repair a damaged road surface without creating enduring difficulties for vehicular traffic, UralPolit.ru reports.
The first two of the seven machines were purchased in 2010 for the needs of the city.
The equipment is designed for repairing sidewalk decks and walkways, sealing cracks and patching asphalt road coatings. The machine is attached to a gravel-supplying truck. The ballast from the truck body is connected to a receiver trailer while the gravel is transported by a pneumatic pipeline. Bitumen emulsion is then pumped from the bitumen tank that is pumped using compressed air from the engine compressor.
The city of Yekaterinburg had an automobile to person radio of 320 cars per 1,000 people as of December 2010, LiveStreets reports. This ratio is second only to Moscow in the country. A transportation development plan published in December 2010 set out 30 projects, 28 of which were related road building and widening.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants