Police seek information on Nizhny Tagil kidnapping
The kidnappers took the man, who is the head of one of the Nizhny Tagil construction companies, to a nearby forest and demanded $12 million, E1.ru reports.
The press service SK TFR for the Sverdlovsk region reported that
After the initial demand, which the man said he did not have, the kidnappers were given $2,500 and $15,000 of equipment by the man's company.
The man was later found alive with a mask over his head near Nizhny Tagil.
Investigators have opened a criminal case looking into "extortion committed by a group of persons by prior agreement, in order to obtain property in especially large size" and "robbery committed a group of people on a large scale," E1.ru reports.
Because the kidnappers were dressed in camouflage, any information on the attackers may be relevant to law enforcement agencies.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants