Yevgeny Orlov dies at 47
Orlov was also the founder and artistic director of the most popular theater in the Urals, "Theater of the Twins," which was created in 1993 and toured throughout the Sverdlovsk region. Orlov was 47 years old, Oblgazeta.ru reports.
Orlov graduated from the Sverdlovsk Theatre School with a degree in acting and worked in the Yekaterinburg Puppet Theater since 1983. He played more than 80 roles in the company, many of which were enjoyed by generations of spectators. These roles included Uncle Willie and Tigger in the play "Winnie the Pooh" and Jack Frost and the soldier in "The Steadfast Tin Soldier." Orlov also participated in contests for the best Santa Claus, where he found himself a consistent winner.
Orlov received many awards, including honorary diplomas of federal and regional ministries of culture and a badge from the Ministry of Culture and Mass Communications of Russian Federation "For outstanding achievements of cultural workers," according to Oblgazeta.ru.
The city bids farewell to Orlov on Tuesday. The memorial service will be held in the Yekaterinburg Puppet Theater.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants