Shustov takes home win at Yalamov Memorial
Andrei Patrakov came in second behind Shustov while European junior champion Sergei Mudrov finished third, European-Athletics.org reports. Shustov, by virtue of winning the event at 2.30 meters, then twice attempted 2.35 meters, which would have been his personal best.
In other action at the Yalamov Memorial, Pavel Trenikhin won the 500 meters in 1:01.70, just ahead of Yuriy Borzakovskiy and Sergey Putkhov, would both finished in 1:01.81.
"I'm satisfied with the result at this the stage of my preparations. My next competition will be at Russian Winter on February 5 at 600 m," Borzakovskiy, the 2004 Olympic 800 meter champion, said, according to European-Athletics.org.
The event also saw the leading RUssian hurdlers turn out for the men's 60 meter hurdles, with 2008 World Junior Championships 100 meter gold medalist Konstantin Shabanov finishing first in 7.76. Yevgeniy Borisov, the 2008 World Indoor Championships 60 meter hurdles bronze medalist, took second place with 7.79.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants