Onishchenko calls for shorter holiday
Workers will have the day off on February 23 for the Day of the Defender of the Fatherland, E1.ru reports, while workers will only have a three day week in March followed by a long weekend from March 8 to March 10.
The following week, however, will be a six day working week, with the output from Sunday, march 11, rescheduled for Friday, March 9.
The long New Year holidays are very popular with citizens, but some have begun calling for a reduction in the length of the holidays.
Gennady Onishchenko, the head of Rospotrebnadzor, recently called the 10 day vacation a "catastrophe for the county," according to E1.ru.
"We all talk about what you need to lift the economy, but business year starts with a 10 day idleness," Onishchenko said, E1.ru reports. "And in the idleness of our national commitment we have a festival of Bacchus and its different manifestations."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants