USMU participates at Uralekspokamen gem exhibit
The exhibit showcased the natural beauty of the Urals region, and displays included the largest amethyst crystal that has ever been found in the Urals region, weighing approximately 55 lbs. There was also a green beryl displayed, weighing in at 10 lbs.
These two gems were previously photographed with notable world leaders, such as His Royal Highness Prince Joachim of Denmark, famous traveler Fyodor Konyukhov and French actress Catherine Deneuve, among others.
Eugene Kuyvashev, governor of the Sverdlovsk region, attended the exhibit to learn more about the gems and the miners who excavated them. Dmitry Kleimenov, director of the museum, showed the governor a collection of citrines that have been decorated with Kremlin stars.
Organizations in this story
Ural State Mining University 30 Kuyvashev St. Yekaterinburg,
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants